Well, everyone, summer is almost here. And you know what that means - time to panic about summer classes, loans, scholarships, and jobs!
At least I get a whole two weeks off before classes start again, and from the looks of it, I'll have even longer before I end up working. Of course, there's the issue of finding an extra roommate before next fall, too. After a long string of people agreeing to move in and then getting all never-mindey on me, the latest candidate is a pothead who occasionally refers to himself as SuperJew. I'm sure that's ever so reassuring.
On a completely unrelated note, I'm being both unusually womanly and unusually manly at the moment - I'm craving (girly keyword) a giant plate of beef brisket (boyish keyword/s). This is unlikely, considering that I don't eat beef and am not quite sure what a "brisket" is. Come to think of it, this might not be all that unrelated to the SuperJew matter, because apparently brisket is a traditional Passover dish, which is why it's on sale now. Is this just a coincidence? Are beef brisket, SuperJew, and I meant to be?
Actually, I think it all has something to do with the fact that I've been up since 6 am after sleeping two hours, studying and finishing projects, and haven't eaten anything containing the slightest bit of protein in days. Oh, finals week, how I love you.
Seriously, rates of illness (both real and otherwise) shoot up dramatically around the country at this time of year. I blame finals week for swine flu. And I blame swine flu for all the delicious sales on pork I keep seeing. Mmm, meat. Maybe I'll pick up some porkchops tomorrow instead (sorry, SuperJew).
More than likely, though, I'll go find a slice of pizza that's been in the freezer for a year and eat it half-warmed, too impatient to wait for it to cook. Then I'll fall into bed, failing to notice I've flopped on the cat, and sleep until four in the afternoon with the aforementioned cat pretending I'm a mountain and batting at my face for roughly the last ten hours of this sleep. I'll wake up, happy that I finally have a whole day of free time, and suddenly remember that I had a final exam to take online at noon.
Except I don't have another final, so instead I'll just get up at four and entertain my kitten with a laser pointer for six hours, at which point I'll order another pizza before falling asleep again.
College life is hard, you know?
A pothead named SuperJew? Sounds like a problem child already! I can't believe you've been craving brisket - I have been craving brisket too, and I have never had it either. It's all Pioneer Woman's fault!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you blogging again. Call me later :-)
Ps - I love the graphic! You should use one like that for a header photo :-)
ReplyDeleteHey Nic...I don't know how to respond to comments on here...LOL
ReplyDeletee-mail me gestabrook@hotmail.com
I like the cannoli too. I just used the free web builder for the site. I'll probaly end up getting dreamweaver or something else soon...Yeah, I got an extra $400 laying around. Check out my blog again...Updated
ReplyDeleteLook at that...only 4 comments and pretty much from your family...LOL...I love you ...you little cannoli...I loved you when you were a child...I'm glad you have a great sense of humor, but duh, look who your mom is...LOL
ReplyDeleteSeriously...looking forward to getting to know you as a grown-up